- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, learns, communicates and retain information.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to pass CRT assessment at level appropriate for the position.
- Certified in Food Safety and Sanitation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact positively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills and use MS Word and Excel software programs.
- Ability to interact with and work with a diverse range of people in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Good record keeping, time management and organizational skills.
General kitchen/office working condition.
Lunchroom conditions can be noisy.
Kitchen temperature may be very warm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve high quality meals in compliance with food safety standards and in an attractive manner.
- Use various equipment to properly heat and store food in accordance to departmental and Food Safety Standards (HACCP).
- Record food and equipment temperatures daily and complete production reports daily.
- Operate and understand applicable computer programs necessary to run the entire site based food service operation.
- Food and supply ordering to ensure customer satisfaction while containing food costs, waste and inventory.
- Process Free and Reduced Meal applications daily. Understand the process and its importance to the district.
- Interact positively with students, parents and staff to make the lunchroom a warm and welcoming place.
- Assure staff and student accounts are current with daily deposits. Deposit all cash and checks as scheduled.
- Meet district standards for performance and attendance.
SALARY: SEIU Local 284 $16.12/hr
METHOD OF APPLICATION:All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on Careers)In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.