Position located at Hale - Hours are 10:00 pm - 6:00 pm
FUNCTION: The Site Coordinator is responsible to the Program Manager for the overall program operation at childcare locations before and after school and on school release/vacation days. The Site Coordinator provides leadership for assistant childcare workers, substitutes, as well as volunteers, at each location.
- Kindergarten experience preferred
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semesters of college credits in the following areas: Child Developments, Child Psychology, or area related to the position assignment.
- Good knowledge of day care procedures and goals for school age children.
- Good knowledge of child development theory.
- Ability to meet Minnesota State Department of Welfare Center licensing requirements for “teachers” (In 1978, this required equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by child development coursework and work experience with school age children OR state certification as an elementary or secondary teacher OR equivalent combinations of training and experience).
- Ability to relate effectively with school age children, school staff, parents, and personnel of other child care agencies.
- Ability to maintain order when supervising children, yet express warmth and friendliness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains quality programming including curriculum and schedule of daily activities.
- Works directly with children when implementing programs and activities including transition periods and lunch/snack time.
- Develops goals regarding room environment including equipment, interest areas, sanitary and safety checks.
- Develops and maintains a plan for parent communication to include orientation, conferences, meetings, notes, newsletters, with the Advisory council representative.
- Communicates regularly with program staff and building personnel (at the location) regarding programming and other related matters.
- Prepares and maintains accurate staffing in accordance with recommended ratios.
- Participates in ongoing staff development.
- Participates in parent/staff conferences, advisory council, and program leadership tema meetings.
- Assists with program marketing.
- Helps assimilate children with special needs by collaboration with the Program Assistant, parent, school personnel and agencies.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Program Manager for the proper operation of the program.
SALARY: ESP/Local 59 $17.71/hr
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Sharon Nordquist, 612-668-3891 or firstname.lastname@example.org
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
- Cover Letter
- On-Line Application
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.