Washburn / Ramsey Community Education Associate Educator - 20 Hrs per week
This individual has responsibilities to support the operations at Washburn/Ramsey Community Education, including assisting the coordinator in organizing and running programs and building supervision. This program programs for adults, adults 55+, and youth.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager of Community Education
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semester college credits, and/or AA degree in the area of Education, Child Development, Child Psychology, Behavioral Sciences; or area related to position assignment.
- Two (2) years experience working in the Minneapolis Schools or comparable educational setting.
- Ability to effectively meet school, student, and program needs.
- Attend mandatory Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and Documentation trainings within one year of being hired for the position and maintain a current expiration date on the CPI card by taking Refresher class annually.
- Knowledge of related educational programs and the school community.
- Training and experience in the use of computers and other technology equipment.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Ability to act in a leadership role and independently initiate and follow through on tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills in working with students, families, and community representatives and in collaborating with school personnel.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office and willingness to learn our online registration system.
The primary responsibilities of the AE working with Washburn are:
- Develop and implement services to administratively support these programs including data tracking/accountability and other functions.
- Act as a liaison between community, students, family and the school.
- Work with other MPS departments, community agencies and volunteers to provide knowledge and resources to students and their families.
- Assist Community School Coordinator in program operation
- Assist Community School Coordinator in evaluating programs
- Use technology skills to organize and deliver school programs and services
Working Hours: Monday 3:30-9:30, Tuesday 3:30-9:30, Wednesday 3:30-7:30, Thursday 2-6. Hours will move to 2-6 daily (flexible if arranged in advance) during non-programming times.
SALARY:. $17.94 per hour. ESP Union Position
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment). In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. All documents must be received before 4:30 p.m. on