FUNCTION: To provide high quality French Language instruction as an elementary school specialist or classroom teacher of French as a World Language elective in grades K-12, as designated by the school.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal
· Minnesota Teaching License in French K-12
· Proficiency in French at the minimum of intermediate high-advanced level according to the Minnesota Praxis test for world languages, or the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview, or other valid documentation.
· Experience teaching a world language in a model of sequential language learning that promotes acquiring language proficiency for real communicative purposes.
· Knowledge of the theoretical principles of second language acquisition; appropriate instructional methods of language instruction; instructional resources appropriate to elementary, middle or high school language instruction; appropriate assessment and evaluation of students’ language acquisition
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide effective, developmentally appropriate and differentiated language instruction for diverse learners.
· Provide high quality language instruction that integrates culturally authentic learning.
· Develop thematic language curriculum for each developmental level taught in the program.
· Integrate strategies that support developing literacy across the curriculum for all students.
· Use appropriate instructional strategies for making content/language instruction comprehensible.
· Promote interaction in the language and encourage language output from students.
· Promote achievement and bilingualism in an enriched education model.
· Lead, advocate for and support a high-quality, effective language program in the school community.
· Interact with families and promote family involvement to support student learning.
· Meet district standards for performance and attendance.
· Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Teacher Salary Schedule – 38 Weeks
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Human Resources 612-668-0500
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on Careers). In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested.
Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
· Cover Letter
· On-Line Application
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.