To continue the development of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB-PYP). The International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Work with School staff on the implementation and continuous improvement of the International Baccalaureate programme.
- Assist staff in addressing the needs of all students in their school’s program development and school improvement efforts
- Provide assistance to school staff to increase academic achievement to meet building, district, and IB standards and practices.
- Support and facilitate grade level and cross-grade level teams of teachers to align, integrate, and map the content standards and focused instruction targets and benchmarks to Programme of Inquiry (POI)/Units of Inquiry.
- Facilitate and be a resource for development of interdisciplinary units of inquiry.
- Assist the principal and site-based committee to ensure that the goals of the school and district are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with site and district staff to recruit students to the school.
- Responsible for completing both district program evaluations and the verification study to the IBA for program verification.
- Meet and work regularly with district IB Coordinator and district coordinator team to implement the program with fidelity.
- Responsible for coordinating, ordering and managing supplies and materials
- Coordinate and manage IB teacher training, onsite and offsite.
- Willing to travel within, and out of state, to IB conferences, orientations, roundtables, district coordinator meetings, Minnesota Association of IB Schools events and professional development, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by principal.
- A valid Minnesota teaching license
- Demonstrated success working in the urban classroom
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience in the K-5 setting
- Demonstrated support for the district school reform
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of mentoring/coaching to improve student achievement
- Knowledge and ability to work well in a leadership role with colleagues
- Knowledge of International Baccalaureate programs
- Demonstrated ability to recruit students to high quality programs
- Demonstrated effectiveness in oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partners, and district coordinator and curriculum specialists
- Understand use of formative assessments to analyze, discuss and inform instruction
- Understand the use of assessment to analyze, discuss and inform instruction
- Strong curriculum and instruction content knowledge particularly for literacy and/or math
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
SALARY: Teacher Salary Schedule based on FTE with extended time as needed and approved
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Melanie Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org
METHOD OF APPLICATION:All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on Careers). In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
- Cover Letter
- On-Line Application
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.