This school year position is responsible for developing and implementing the Community Education extended day program at Seward Montessori School. This program serves after school youth and family.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager of Community Education
90 quarter/60 semester credits
Ability to work effectively with youth, parents, school staff, community members
Strong organizational skills
Strong program development skills
Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Ability to facilitate program partnerships with community agencies, and other partners
Strong technology skills
Strong knowledge of youth development and adult quality principles
- Develop and implement (coordinate) extended day activities, including youth and family programs.
- Develop and implement systems to administratively support the extended day programs, including registration, transportation, data tracking/accountability, and other functions.
- Act as a liaison between students, family, community and the school
- Work with other MPS departments, community agencies and volunteers to provide resources/programs to students, their families, and other community members.
- Must be able to work effectively with youth from a diverse community.
- Work effectively with community members to ensure community input into program development.
- Work effectively with other Community Education coordinators to deliver programs.
Work Hours: School Year, 41 week, M-Th, 12-5 pm. Some variability in hours is required based on program needs.
SALARY: ESP Salary Schedule $21.25
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Colleen.Sanders@mpls.k12.mn.us
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment). In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested. Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.